History of Farmers and Drovers Bank
Full Service Banking In the Flint Hills since 1882
Changing with the Times
From 1882 to today, Farmers and Drovers Bank has continued
to evolve to meet the latest in banking technology and
standards. What began with simple paper and cash
processing has grown into an electronic and computer based
industry. Along with internet banking and bill pay services,
Farmers and Drovers offers a wide range of other services to
meet the needs of its customers in the 21st Century
History of the Bank
Farmers and Drovers Bank, one of the oldest banks in Kansas, began serving Council Grove in the spring
of 1882. The Bank’s name describes its first customers -- the farmers and drovers, or those who drove their cattle
herds to market. On January 26 of that year W.H. White with Lewis Mead, Jacob Barth, Henry Gildemeister, J.W.
Dumm, J.M. Henson, and Adam Moser, Jr. began the organization of the bank in Council Grove’s Masonic Hall. W.H. White was chosen as the Bank’s first president. Two months later, on March 22, Farmers and Drovers Bank opened its doors to the community at 213 West Main Street. Today the Bank continues to provide full service banking to customers in Council Grove and the Flint Hills.